Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sunday Morning Blues!




Sunday morning I decided to make blueberry banana waffles and a smile instantly appeared across my face (:  These waffles were absolutely delicious and are healthy believe it or not (lol).   I ran across this Oat Bran Waffle recipe over at Food.Com and I was pleased to find that I had all the ingrdients and didn't have to make a trip to the store.  I'm slowly beggining to change my eating habits and attempting to incorporate more veggies and fresh fruit into my daily in-take.  I've been eating out way to much lately and the madness has got to come to an end!!  (lol)  By the way...I didn't use any syrup and the waffles were bomb!  What a great way to start my Sunday morning right?
  • 3/4 cup oat bran
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups skim milk
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 egg yolk, beaten
  • 2 egg whites

Combine the oat bran, whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour baking powder and salt.

Combine the milk, oil, and egg yolk; add to the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.

Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form; gently fold into the batter.

Coat a waffle iron with cooking spray, and allow waffle iron to preheat. Spoon 1 1/3 cups batter onto hot waffle iron, spreading batter to edges. Bake until lightly browned. Repeat with remaining batter.

Serve immediately with desired toppings






3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! They look very good! It's making me hungry,lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg..its almost 10pm here and now I'm hungry looking at this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. LADY, this one's a winner!! Next time try it with a mixed berry puree mixed with honey... You talking about the BOMB! Oh, and don't forget the whipped cream.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for visiting, following and leaving a comment!