Monday, March 29, 2010

Creamy Artichoke and Spinach Dip


I'm really not that big on spinach, but a couple of months ago my aunt made this dip and seriously...I couldn't stop eating it ~ I even took a big helping home and ate it for 2 days straight ~ Creamy Artichoke and Spinach Dip is a rich, delicious, inexpensive (All the ingredients were around $13) dish that can be served with tortilla chips or Pita Chips/Bread  ~  This dip was an absolute hit at the party, so I decided to make some and take to work ~ My co-workers seemed to really enjoy it! ~ I actually received RAVE REVIEWS (lol)  ~ If your looking for a quick, tasty appetizer....try this recipe out..I'm sure you and your friends will love it!

Ingredients




  • 8 cups fresh spinach




  • 1 clove garlic, minced




  • 1 lemon, zest finely grated(<---Optional)




  • 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts (or quarters), drained and coarsely chopped




  • 6 ounces (about 1 1/2 cups) Parmesan, freshly grated




  • 1 cup of  Pepper Jack cheese, freshly grated




  • 3/4 cup sour cream




  • 3/4 cup mayonnaise




  • 1 tablespoon bottled cayenne pepper sauce(<----Optional) I used "Red Rooster" hot sauce




  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper




  • Directions

    Serving suggestion Tortilla chips or Pita chips for dipping

    Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 1 1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray: set aside

    Blanch spinach ~ Squeeze excess water


    In a medium bowl, mix together spinach, garlic and lemon zest ~ Add artichoke hearts, 1-cup Parmesan, sour cream, mayonnaise and cayenne pepper sauce (<---optional / I used hot sauce) ~ Mix ~ Place into prepared casserole dish ~ Bake for 30minutes ~ The last 5 minutes add the remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan to the top ~ Serve hot or cold with pita chips or tortilla chips.




    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    THANK YOU for visiting, following and leaving a comment!